Vote for accessibility!
Many of the major software companies — including Microsoft and Adobe — have developed new forums for feedback from users called UserVoice.com
For years, those of us working in the accessibility field have been minor voices on the software industry forums, even on the beta advisory forums. It's taken forever to get the tools we now have.
We have the opportunity to change that!
- Once a month, I'll post feedback on one of the forums that requests a bug fix or a new feature that will help us make accessible documents that are fully compliant.
- Since the software companies rank feature requests by how many votes they get, I'll send out a notice that a feature request has been posted on the specific UserVoice forum for it.
- All you have to do is click the link to the post and vote. And you can do this anonymously.
There's strength in numbers: and it's that easy to have our collective votes help convince Adobe and Microsoft that accessibility is worth it.
Sign up to receive the vote notices at http://eepurl.com/dNaqw-/
Got an idea you want to put to a vote? Email us at email@example.com
- Unicode Gylphs — Quick Insert
- Unicode Gyphs — Insert Special Characters
- Multiple Accessibility Issues #1
- Multiple Accessibility Issues #2
- Artifacted Layout Tables
- Preflight for Accessibility in InDesign files
- Expansion text for acronyms and abbreviations
- Preset for exporting tagged PDFs
- Better Accessibility Export for PDFs
- Include Section numbers in list styles
- Remove <Span> tags: updated
- Remove <Span> tags
- Give user the option to NOT artifact items on a Master Page
MS Word topics
- Set default bullet in Word's bullet styles and utility to use a Unicode font (the current default is set to Symbol 183 on the Symbol font, which is not an accessible Unicode font).
- Let user define Word's default bullet character (right now it uses a black circle from the Symbol font, which isn't Unicode).
- Automatically set File Properties to show Document Title when exporting a PDF from Word.
- Automatically apply List Bullet and List Number paragraph styles when the bulleted/numbered list icons in the top control panel are used.
- Bring back Arial Unicode MS font!
- Make Acrobat's editing tools accessible to those using screen readers.
- Multiple Undo in the Order and Content panels, too.
- Multiple Undo when tagging
- Tag lists with the compound nested tag structure
- Tag tables from the Tags panel
- Keyboard shortcut for "Find Tag From Selection"
- Autotag a single page or selected content