Sec. 508 Accessibility Services
We're proud of our long track-record in accessibility!
We've been developing accessible materials since the mid-1990s, before the US Sec. 508 amendment was passed and put into effect in 2000.
And we developed the first accessibility classes for the US GPO's training institute in 2001 that taught federal employees how to make accessible Word, PDFs, and InDesign documents.
Today, we fill in the gaps for our clients, ensuring that they're able to publish fully accessible material as efficiently as possible. Our clients are government agencies, government contractors, nonprofits, corporations, academic institutions, and grant recipients.
Our services can include any combination of the following Sec. 508 services:
- Custom training for your teams.
- Custom designed accessible templates for Word, PowerPoint, and InDesign.
- Back-up production support when you're short-handed to make project deadlines.
- Sec. 508 editorial tasks: writing alt-text and metadata, reviewing language for inclusiveness, improving document structure, hierarchy, and presentation.
- Retrofitting legacy documents for compliance.
- Step-by-step user guides for your staff.
- Recommendations on team workflow to accommodate Sec. 508 requirements without overextending your budget or your overwhelming your staff.
- Testing, review, and certification of your public-facing documents for PDF/UA and WCAG compliance.
- Methods and contractors to make your legacy documents compliant.
PubCom works with you to create a package of services that puts your team in control of their accessibility tasks to meet federal requirements as quickly and painlessly as possible.
We can perform these tasks on a pay-as-you-go basis. We also have yearly contracts to provide these services as-needed at reduced rates; when a contract is already in place, your staff can easily send us the files and work order electronically. We'll get your project turned around as quickly as possible, and you'll be invoiced monthly against the contract.
We're experts in all major software and many of our associates are certified in one or more of these programs:
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- CommonLook, PAC, and other accessibility-checking programs.
Let us know how we can help your organization meet Sec. 508's requirements.
Request more information about our Sec. 508 Services.